Oprah’s: My Favorite Things 2018
I love reading Oprah’s favorite things every Christmas season. I think how cool it must be to just buy whatever you want with no thought to price. I like seeing what products appeal to someone who can buy almost anything. Today I was cleaning my glasses and thinking, if I wrote a list, I would put my Peeps Glasses Cleaner on it. Then I wondered what would I tell people are my favorite things for 2018? Cool products for the average Joe.
Here goes- products I think are all that for 2018.
1. Anything made by Cuddl Duds. OMG. Crazy soft blankets, long underwear, socks, earmuffs. Just touching them makes me want to take a nap. Buy anything they make. Available on Amazon but I get them at Kohl’s.
2. Ring Security Camera. I love this thing. Set up is easy peazy. It alerts my iPhone whenever someone steps on my front step. I can talk to them thru my phone. I can send videos to neighbors or the police. $100 very well spent.
3. Instapot. I was really skeptical about this one. But yes, I am in love. I can put frozen chicken or really anything in there and I cooks fast and tastes extra good. I use it for soup, meatloaf, pot roast and lots more. I use it too often to ever put it away.
4. Flameless Candles. The most popular brand are Luminara but you can find lots of brands. They have this little wobbly flame-like gizmo that makes them look amazingly real. Get the kind with timers. I turn it on and it will come on every day at the same time for four hours. I have them everywhere. They put out cozy candle light that makes the house seem warm and welcoming. Available on Amazon, QVC and lots of other places.
White Wine: Snoqualmie Winemakers Select Riesling, Columbia Valley. Sweet but not too much. Crisp, pear, honey. A crowd pleaser. Cheap too! $9
Red Wine: Clayhouse Adobe Red. Yum. $12. So easy to finish the bottle! Predominantly Zinfandel & Petite Sirah with Syrah, Malbec, Grenache and Mourvedre.
Special Occasion Wine: Bollo Le Origini Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico. $65 “Grapes are picked a later to ensure ripeness. Over time the grapes lose 30-40% of their weight and almost turn into raisins. The result is intense concentration and a very high sugar content, which in turn translates into 15% or higher alcohol levels. “ Dark cherry, dried figs, velvety and slightly sweet. This wine is a real treat.
6. Coffee. Lacas Coffee, Pennsauken, NJ. Here in Jersey we take diners very seriously. Jersey diners take Coffee very seriously. And our diners serve Lacas Coffee. I start everyday with a cup. Lacascoffee.com
7. Pado Pure Wave Massager. My Rheumatoid Disease likes to settle in my tendons. My feet, ankles and calves get miserably tight and inflamed. Instead of reaching for a pain med or anti inflammatory, I use this. It brings circulation into the area and works out my painful muscles, tendons and joints. I even took it to Italy to use after a long day of walking. I can’t live without this thing. Available on Amazon.
8. Jewelry. My current fav is a Spanish jewelry company called Uno de 50. Spanish silver and leather. Unique designs. I’m already totally addicted. UNOde50.com
9. Peeps Glasses Cleaner. I wear glasses. I clean them all throughout the day. These gadgets clean better than any spray or cloth I’ve ever tried. $15 on Amazon. So worth it.
10. Tervis cups/glasses. Keeps hot and cold drinks just right. Lots of fun themes and colors. I have coffee size, big iced tea size and even a mug. If you buy them at Bed, Bath and Beyond you can use their coupons, which helps a lot. $15-$20.